Throughout this Statement, “Zyme” refers to Zyme Communications Limited (also referred to as “we”, “us”, or “our”), also the data controller for your information.
What information do we collect?
We collect personal information to offer and provide you with our services and products. “Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. We may collect personal information including but not limited to your name, postal address, email address, and employment details. The personal information we receive may come directly from you, from someone you authorise to provide us with your details, or from other third parties (employers, etc.).
How do we use your information?
We may use the information that you or a third party provide for our legitimate business interests including the following:
- To provide the products and services that you request;
- To send news to journalists
- To establish and maintain communications with you;
- To tell you about related products and offers;
- To notify you of events or changes to our services;
- To improve or modify our website and identify usage trends.
We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this policy.
We share your data with the businesses that provide IT and related services to us, such as our customer relationship management systems, and website hosting. We only share the types of data that those businesses need in order to provide us with those services and we make sure our data sharing is governed by a contract that controls what those businesses can do with that data.
We may also share your information for legal or regulatory purposes. In addition, in the event that we sell any business or assets, we may be required to disclose your information to the prospective seller or buyer.
The third parties to whom we may disclose your information are obligated to comply with laws and regulations to keep your information confidential and secure. If they would like to use your information for any other purpose, they must notify you and obtain your consent.
How long your personal data will be kept
We will hold your personal data for no longer than necessary for the purposes explained above.
Access and Accuracy
It is important to us to keep our information about you as accurate as possible. If you would like to review the information we hold or make any changes to the details you have provided to us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
We rely on Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data. That means that we can collect and use your personal data on the basis that it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, except where our interests are overridden by your privacy interests.
Our legitimate interests are carrying on our business, providing services to our clients, and marketing our business online, in print, and in person.
We think that our use of your personal data has a minimal impact on your privacy, but if you disagree please contact us using the details below.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please contact us (see ‘How to contact us’ below).
If you would like to unsubscribe from any email you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email or newsletter. It may take a few days for the change to take effect.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at ico.org.uk/concerns.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was published on 1st May 2018 and last updated on 1st May 2018.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time. You should check this policy occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us please send an email to email@example.com.